Be sure to check the 2010 Archive link to the left to read Heidi's recent surgery story from the beginning. You can also see pictures of her knee surgery in 2002.

Welcome to Heidi's blog and Thanks for your concern on Heidi's progress!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The tail is wagging!

Heidi had a major milestone overnight last night. At around midnight she woke me up because she had to pee. So I took her into her room to pee and she peed. Afterwards she was so proud of herself that she stood there and wagged her tail!  This is the first time since surgery she's been able to wag her tail. Of course, I was cheering and clapping for her like I always do when she pees in her room (even after 10 years, she still enjoys the positive reinforcement that she peed in the right place!). So she wagged her tail and waited for her treat. What a good girl!  Then, a few minutes later she pooped too! Yay! She woke me up again at 4:00 am but didn't seem to have to pee.  And when I woke up this morning she was standing up wagging her tail again and looking at me from inside her crate as if to say "Glad you're awake Mommy, I'm HUNGRY!"  She's definitely feeling stronger today and able to stand up and support herself easier. Her legs get tangled when she tries to walk. But she definitely feels better and she is doing much better than I expected at this point.  We'll just have to wait and see what today brings.  Here she is right after she ate all her breakfast.


No comments: