Be sure to check the 2010 Archive link to the left to read Heidi's recent surgery story from the beginning. You can also see pictures of her knee surgery in 2002.

Welcome to Heidi's blog and Thanks for your concern on Heidi's progress!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Heidi came home today!

I visited Heidi this afternoon and she looked much better. They had taken the catheter out and she was much more comfortable.  I sat with her on the floor for a while and she tried to motor around a little bit. Then she peed on the blanket all by herself (Yay!) Dr. Bush said the initial outcome is positive but the prognosis is still guarded. Heidi does seem to have some control over the movement of her right hind leg and he recommended that I follow up with some physical therapy to give her the best chance of regaining as much function as possible.  She was doing so well that she was allowed to come home today! Which was much sooner than I expected. I expected she wouldn't come home until Monday. But, I think she gets a little anxious in the hospital, and since she's eating well and peeing on her own, it made sense to let her come home where she's comfortable. Of course I was thrilled!

Here's Heidi in her laundry basket all ready for the ride home. She did OK on the ride home. She stirred and wimpered a little bit. I figured she may have had to pee or poop and was worried about doing it on the blanket. When I got home I found out I was right! She had peed on the blanket (Yay! another pee!).




At home, I set Heidi's crate up on a table next to the bed so she could sleep closer to me at night. Of course, Chloe (the orange cat), had to check out the accomodations and make sure they were up to her standards!



Here's Heidi at about 4:00 pm today resting comfortably and happy to be home. 


No comments: