Be sure to check the 2010 Archive link to the left to read Heidi's recent surgery story from the beginning. You can also see pictures of her knee surgery in 2002.

Welcome to Heidi's blog and Thanks for your concern on Heidi's progress!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Eating, Sleeping, Peeing, Pooping and Resting Comfortably!

There's not much to say this morning. There has been no significant change in how she was yesterday. She's sill eating, sleeping, peeing, pooping and resting comfortably. I took her out of the crate for a few hours and let her watch TV with me on the couch. But other than that, yesterday was uneventful.  She definitely can feel and use her right hind leg a little bit. She mostly uses it when she stands up. When she tries to walk, it looks like she drags it some of the time and holds it up off the ground some of the time.  On the left leg, sometimes when she's tired she will let her toes knuckle over and is just too tired to fix it. So she'll stand there for a few seconds and then lift her hind end up by balancing on her forarms and then straighten everything out.  

I stopped the Diazepam medication and did not give her any this morning. She is peeing really well, so I thought it would be ok to stop giving it.

I could tell she was sad this morning when I left for work. I had planned to stay home with her for a few days had she come home from the hospital on Monday. But since I had part of Saturday and all day Sunday with her, and was able to get her on a medication schedule that works if I go home at lunch time, I decided to go ahead and come into work.  I'll run home in a few hours and see how she's doing, and if she's still just resting comfortably then I'll probably give her her medications and come back to work for a few more hours.

No comments: