Be sure to check the 2010 Archive link to the left to read Heidi's recent surgery story from the beginning. You can also see pictures of her knee surgery in 2002.

Welcome to Heidi's blog and Thanks for your concern on Heidi's progress!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

First Visit after Surgery

I visited with Heidi for about an hour yesterday. She looked pretty scared and nervous at first, but she relaxed some by the end of the visit. I think she will be happier and more comfortable when they take the urine catheter out. I'm not sure when they will do that, but I hope it is soon.



I don't want to get my hopes up too high yet, but Heidi actually put her weight on her right hind leg yesterday all by herself while I was with her. I was so excited about it that I quickly took a picture. She was eager to stand up, but her left hind leg was a little tangled in the tubes from the catheter and so she supported herself with her right hind leg instead.



This picture was taken close to the end of our visit. You can see she is little more relaxed. I brought her favorite bunny toy so she could cuddle with it.



And here's a closer look at the surgery site.  Poor thing, the incision is almost as big as she is!



All in all I was happy with our visit. She's still a little "out of it" but she responded well to my voice and she even gave me some kisses before I left.  Right now I'm waiting for the doctor to call and tell me how her neurologic exam went this morning and then I'll probably head out there to visit her again.

No comments: