Be sure to check the 2010 Archive link to the left to read Heidi's recent surgery story from the beginning. You can also see pictures of her knee surgery in 2002.

Welcome to Heidi's blog and Thanks for your concern on Heidi's progress!

Friday, January 8, 2010

Still improving slowly

Sorry for not posting any updates in the last couple of days. It would be hard to beat the improvement I saw on Tuesday. This morning I woke up late and Heidi must have been sending telepathic messages telling me to get up. When I woke up she was standing in her crate staring at me with her tail wagging and a big smile on her face. She definitely enjoys her time out of the crate. I've been letting her wobble around my bedroom for a few minutes in the morning and wobble around the family room for a few minutes in the evenings. This morning I saw she was using her right hind leg a little more. She still holds it up off the ground a little bit, but she is using it more. Her toes don't knuckle over quite as often but they still knuckle over some. She will usually correct them with the next stride. And she's still wobbly, of course, and trying to get her coordination. But, she's doing really really well.

No comments: