Be sure to check the 2010 Archive link to the left to read Heidi's recent surgery story from the beginning. You can also see pictures of her knee surgery in 2002.

Welcome to Heidi's blog and Thanks for your concern on Heidi's progress!

Monday, May 26, 2008

Moving right along

I am very happy to report that Heidi has been doing much much better yesterday and today. She is standing up and moving around more easily and she wags her tail the whole time she's doing it. I'd love to say she's walking around, but a better description would be that she's moving very wobbly on all four legs. She looks like she's had way too many Margaritas for her size. I actually stopped giving her the tramodol for pain yesterday afternoon and she's been fine and moving around well ever since. As I write this, she's down here in the basement with me motoring around on the carpet. She can walk pretty far now (maybe 10 feet) without falling down! I think she's happy to be out of her crate and have a little freedom. And I'm very very proud of her for doing so well. We will go back to the doctor tomorrow and probably get the staples taken out.

No comments: